OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (the “Rules”) – 2023 Cedar Point Midway Game Nite Contest (the “Contest”)
1. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest commences on at 7:00 p.m. on March 23, 2023 and ends at 10:00 p.m. on April 20, 2023 (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to all legal U.S. residents who are at least 13 years of age.
Cedar Point is the contest sponsor (the “Contest Sponsor”) and Contest Administrator (the “Contest Administrator”). Cedar Point (including affiliates of Cedar Point) staff, board members, and volunteers directly involved in the conduct of the Contest are prohibited from entering the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER. You enter the Contest as follows:
Register for a Cedar Point Midway Game Nite, which shall take place on March 23 (“Round 1”), March 30 (“Round 2”), April 6 (“Round 3”), April 13 (“Round 4”), and April 20, 2023 (the “Finale”) via the Two Bit Circus “Remote” game platform located at https://twobitcircus.com/. The cost to register is $49.99, participate and play, and the Two Bit Circus Remote game platform will keep track of your score in real time. The five (20 total) participants from each Midway Game Nite with the top overall scores from each of Rounds 1, 2, 3, and 4 (for a total of twenty (20) participants) will be eligible to compete in the Finale for the Grand Prize, Second Place Prize, Third Place Prize and Fourth Place Prize.
By entering this Contest, participants acknowledge that they have read and understand the Rules and accept and agree to be bound by these Rules, including eligibility requirements, and the decisions of Cedar Point are final, binding and conclusive on all matters relative to this Contest.
The Grand Prize is one 2 night stay at Hotel Breakers in standard room 2 queen beds, maximum occupancy of 4, valid 5/6 – 8/31 and blackout dates apply . There is one (1) Grand Prize to be won, and the Grand Prize is valued at approximately $518.
The Second Place Prize is a pair of Cedar Point Fast Lane Passes. There is one (1) Second Place Prize to be won, and the Second Place Prize is valued at approximately $190.
The Third Place Prize is a $150 Cedar Point Gift Card. There is one (1) Third Place Prize to be won, and the Third Place Prize is valued at approximately $150.
The Fourth Place Prize is a $100 Cedar Point Gift Card. There is one (1) Fourth Place Prize to be won, and the Fourth Place Prize is valued at approximately $100.
The Grand Prize, Second Place Prize, Third Place Prize and Fourth Place Prize (together, the “Prizes”) are not refundable, and not redeemable for cash. All winners must comply with all applicable Cedar Point rules and regulations. The Contest Sponsor shall have no responsibility for weather delays or weather cancellations, and the winner acknowledges and accepts such risks. Prize winners are responsible for arranging transportation to and from Cedar Point.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any Prize or Participation Prize.
4. WINNER SELECTION. The top-scoring twenty (20) participants from Rounds 1, 2, 3, and 4 will be announced prior to the Finale. "The winners from the finale will receive communication from Cedar Fair within seven (7) calendar days of the Finale."
5.Odds of winning depend on the total number of participants.
Before being declared a winner of a Prize, each selected entrant must complete, sign and return a Waiver and a declaration and release form (and any other documents, as applicable) within two (2) days of being the selected entrant (the “Prize Claim Date”). All Prizes must be claimed by the Prize Claim Date.
We will attempt to contact Prize winners by email or telephone. If a selected Prize winner cannot be reached within two (2) days, is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, declines the Prize as awarded, or fails to return the declaration and release form (and any other documents, as applicable) by the Prize Claim Date, the Prize may be forfeited to the Contest Sponsor and Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries. Prizes will be awarded upon receipt of the properly completed and executed declaration and release form by the winner (or any alternate designated by the winner) and verification of Prize winner’s identity. A winner may be required to provide photo identification, their occupation and employer in order to substantiate their eligibility.
6. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor are final, and participants agree to abide by all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsor. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Contest rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsor shall prevail.
7. No communications will be entered into except with selected participants.
8. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry that is illegible, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected claims or entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission during the Contest Period. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this Contest and reserves the right to withdraw, amend or cancel this Contest in the event of a printing or administrative error.
9. The Contest Sponsor may, at their sole discretion and without liability, terminate the Contest in whole or in part, without notice, or modify or suspend the Contest at any time, if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules.
10. The Contest Sponsor accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded Prizes or the Contest itself. By entering, entrant releases and holds harmless Contest Sponsor and Contest Administrator any other Prize providers and all of their respective directors, officers, members, employees, agents, successors and assigns (the “Contest Group”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any Prize won.
11. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from the Contest if the Contest Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of the Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, other participants or any other person. Any attempt by a participant or any other person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. By entering this Contest, each participant consents to the Contest Group’s use, should the participant become a winner, of the participant`s name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with this Contest or future similar Contests. This includes the Contest Group being able to list the Contest winners on their websites.
13. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the participant is the person who purchased the Cedar Point Midway Game Nite box and whose personal information including their previously registered e mail address is entered in the Cedar Point Midway Game Nite online registration form the night of the event.
14. Unless participants otherwise indicate, the personal information gathered about participants in the course of this Contest will be used by the Contest Sponsor for the administration of the Contest and providing information about the activities of Cedar Point and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Each potential winner agrees to the use of his/her name, comments, photograph, and other likeness for publicity purposes, and grants to the Contest Group any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Cedar Point agrees to abide by their respective Privacy Policies.
15. The Contest Sponsor shall not be responsible for any damages for a failure to operate the Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules in any case where their incapacity to act results from circumstances or a situation beyond their reasonable control or because of a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in their company or those of businesses which services are used for holding this Contest, war, riot, insurrection, earthquake, terrorism, civil commotion, fire, flood, accident, storm or any other act of nature.
16. These Contest Rules and the rights and obligations and relations of the parties hereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio. Each party hereto does hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Ohio.
17. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.